Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Jackson's First Baby Pictures - Our 3D/4D Ultrasound Experience!!

Let me just start out saying that the 4D Ultrasound experience I had was not at all what I was expecting! I figured we'd go in for 15 or minutes or so, snap some cute face photos of the baby, and watch it for a bit on the video monitor. I'm excited to admit that the whole experience was about 10X more glamorous and exciting that I ever though it would be!
I originally DID want to get an Ultrasound, but I talked myself out of it after reading some pretty grey reviews online... and also the price. I was anticipating the former experience. What we got was totally different. The owners of the "shop" were so sweet and kind, and you could really tell they loved babies! We spent about 50 minutes flipping between the 2D and 4D ultrasounds to basically watch a live video of what baby Jackson was up too! It was amazing! Cindy was super sweet and took extra time and effort to work with my active baby boy (and my huge anterior placenta which was right in the way of the imaging!). We left with amazing photos and video!
Some highlights about Jackson...

  • With an easy flip, he can change from pointing east to west in about 3 seconds. 
  • He had about 5 hiccups! Takes after his daddy with that one! 
  • Loves loves loves playing with his toes! I'm pretty sure he was holding onto one foot the whole time. 
I think the most amazing part of the whole "watching" process was seeing his little head thump up and down during the 2D ultrasound. With each of my heartbeats, his little head was pushed up just a tiny bit, so it looked like he was head bobbing to the rhythm of my heart! Cindy said he just happened to be resting on a major blood supply (either the placenta, or my own) that was causing the movement. No wonder little babies like to hear mom's heartbeat once their born! I used to think that was "cheesy", but after seeing that happen...just WOW! 


Hearbeat! 130 bpm! Thumpa Thumpa Thumpa!

Sweet little black and white face with his hands in front of his chin. 

Just look at that sweet face! He didn't open his eyes at all, but he did make some pretty fun squirmy faces!

aaaaaand....here is the squirmy face! 

...but then he settles down and looks like this again. Almost a little smile?! :) 

Cindy said he's "nuzzling" here. I hope he's a snuggly thing!

Then back to total cuteness!

Yup he is sucking on something here! Couldn't tell exactly what, but its either the hand or foot or something floating around in there :P

And here is a 40 second video to top it all off!!! I swear he must have been sleeping during this part, because this was the quietest he was for the whole ultrasound. 




The whole experience was just amazing, and I have my wonderful and generous parents to thank for treating me to this wonderful event!! I'm so happy I did it! 

Dana 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love reading comments from my friends. Feel free to leave a note!